Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wise Beyond Her Years

As you should know by now, the princesses are prodigies of sorts. Tootie tends to be the free-spirited, fun loving twin and Lia is the more studious, deep thinker with a mature sense of humor. Both are beyond smart.

Yesterday, Tootie had to be taken to urgent care because she doubled over and started complaining about a stomachache. It turns out that she is a little bit anemic and has a urinary tract infection. (Not sure what caused either thing for her, but she is on antibiotics and will be following up with the pediatrician.) Anyway, Tootie is NEVER sick and hates taking medication with a passion. So, the idea if having to take an antibiotic TWICE a day is pure torture.

Well, last night after finally getting her to take the medicine, Tootie began pulling down her pants and heading to the bathroom seemingly to potty. She returned a hot second later and announced that she had spit the medicine out. I ran to the bathroom and saw that, sure enough, she had spit it all out into the toilet. I was so upset with her. Cool-headed Lia, though, took control of the situation. She went and got the medicine and dosing cup and said, "Tootie, you ARE going to take your medicine right now!" She handed the dosing cup to me and, obediently, I redosed, but at a smaller amount in case Tootie had swallowed something the first time. Tootie did take it and I checked her mouth to make sure it was gone. Then, I turned to pick up the bottle of medicine only to find that it was gone. Here is the exchange:

Me (to no one in particular): Where did the medicine go?
Lia: I put it on the counter in the kitchen.
Me (giving her a hug): Wow, Lia. You really know exactly what mommy needs sometimes before I have to ask. What would I do without you?
Lia: You would ask Daddy.
Me: So, true. So true. Baby, you are wise beyond your years.
Lia(giving me a hug): I know.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No comments: