Sunday, January 23, 2011

Write the Vision...

Every Sunday morning, I have a standing chat appointment with a friend. During these conversations, we discuss our ups and downs from the previous week and just provide support and encouragement to each other. Well, today we talked about our vision for the the next five years. Once the visions were spoken, we challenged each other to, with the help of God, take the necessary steps to bring the visions into reality. Sounds simple enough, right?

Well, I realized that I often speak my goals in my mind and never share them with others. Whenever I change my mind or miss the mark, it is okay because it has always just been me, myself and I. However, when I spoke it to someone else, there was an instant feeling of accountability that came over me, as if I HAVE to follow through with it. But I want to take it even further. Time to write it down.

And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
Habakkuk 2:2 (King James Version)

So here I am, putting it all out here. My immediate goal for this blog is to chronicle my journey over the course of a year. 365 days of being completely transparent, allowing you to see all of me- the good, the bad, and the ugly. I pray that over time, as I begin to come into my own as the woman God has called me to be, there will be something I experience or share that will speak to you as you take your own journey. I am excited to embark upon a process that I think will lead me to places that I have never imagined going. But I know that no matter what the next 365 days bring, I will be stronger, wiser, and much, much closer to my happy... however that is supposed to look.

My prayer is that this time and this process will lead you to your happy as well. See you on the journey!

--Nikki

No comments: