Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Big D

Well, it is official. Greg and I are calling it quits. We are filing for divorce this spring. I've actually alluded to this fact over the past several months as we have looked at our relationship from every conceivable angle. But, after all of that looking, it is what it is. And what it is is not working... nor has it worked for quite some time. So, here we are wondering where in the heck we went wrong and making plans to right our respective ships.

Divorce is painful business. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Whether we carry ourselves as strong and invincible or weak and easily defeated, there is a feeling of hurt and failure unlike anything else. There is no easy button to push nor words to be spoken that can take the sting away. In fact, I cringe inside just by saying the word. But, it is something that needs to be done nonetheless. For sake of my sanity, it has to be done.

Some of you will wonder why I took so long in revealing the changes I have been going through. Others will be disappointed and immediately think of all the scriptures you know about marriage. Yeah, I know those, too, so please don't waste your time typing them into the comments section. Still others will flood my voicemail and email boxes with words of encouragement and support. Please do not be offended if I do not immediately return your calls, texts, or messages. And please do not get upset if, when I do answer your calls, I just hold the phone. Like I said, this is very painful business, and it will take a lot of time to get over.

Well, now you know for sure. That's all I've got for now. I'll be back soon... with something.

6 comments:

CreoleInDC said...

And some of us who love you will relax and let you mourn in peace because we love and respect you. We'll also pray that when we say we're here when you need us...you'll believe us and take us up on the offer because you KNOW we mean it swith all our heart.

I love you. It's just that simple.

cathyscats said...

Hello, my name is Cathy

I was passing by your pretty blogspot and read your latest entry. My heart really goes out to you. I understand just how hard it is and only you know what you can live with. Sometimes despite our best efforts it just doesn't work out. You sound like a very strong person and I wish you all the best.
Cathy

Amy said...

Oh, Undrea. I've been so behind in keeping up with people that I'm just now reading this. I'm so sorry. Know that I'm praying for you as you go through this process. Love you.

CreoleInDC said...

Are you ever coming back?

CynCity said...

I've been in your shoes, and no matter how necessary or inevitable it is still painful.

Praying for you!

ThinkingPrincess said...

Thanks for all the love and encouragement. I have just needed this time to reposition, refocus and regain some sense of normalcy in my life. I am back now...

BTW, welcome to my humble little spot in the blogosphere, Cathy and Cyn. Hopefully, some of my upcoming posts will touch you in some way and you will feel compelled to post again.