Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Freaky-Deaky

I'm teaching a media literacy unit at school right now. I love doing this unit because I believe in the importance of teaching young people to be be knowledgeable consumers of products and information. It has been going pretty well with all of my classes, so I've felt good about everything.

Reality check!!

I thought I was doing some serious teaching today. A couple of boys who hadn't really paid attention without coercion all year seemed to be fully engrossed in our discussion. Well, what I found out later was that, since I had on a v-neck top today, they were looking at my cleavage.

Little pervs!

I told my husband when I got into the car this afternoon. Instead of wondering what was wrong with the boys like I did, he just laughed and said, "I'm just saying... I would've been looking, too." Big perv!

I'm not surprised, though. Anyone who teaches fourth grade can probably tell you about the hormone surge kids seem to go through between fourth and fifth grades. Kids get taller over the summer, girls start developing a little and going through their bodily changes, and boys get kind of mannish. What am I going to have to put up with next year when I move up with my classes?

Sheesh! I guess I'm going to have to wear turtlenecks every day!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ha! I love you, Undrea. Thanks for bringing a smile and laugh to my day.

The Brown Blogger said...

I remember when my 5th grade teacher had my attention...

Wait!

Trust me, if you lay it heavy on em' while you have their attention I tell you it"ll stick.

Not saying you should use cleavage as a part of your cirriculum, those partially developed little girls will consume their minds and force their actions toward whatever interests them.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That is hilarious. I'm with the BB on this though - if it helps to cement the lesson, is it that bad. I'm not suggesting that you wear revealing clothing intentionally to entice them, but if a vneck makes them pay attention, keep wearing 'em!

MrsSaditty said...

I know that they are little pervs but isnt it nice to know that the you're still considered hot? Your hubby definitely reaffirmed that!