Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Finally! I've made a decision.

Since the inception of this blog, I have vacillated between several different ideas I've had about the type of blog I'd like this to be. At some points, I've thought to make this strictly a place for me to chronicle my daily journey as a wife, mom, and teacher. On other days I've thought about covering politics and the issues of the day. Still other days, I've thought of making this a safe place for people dealing with the pain of infertility to come and receive encouragement and support. One thing was for sure-- uncertainty was certain!

Well, it all finally became a little clearer to me after I received an email yesterday. A really nice lady googled one of the topics previously mentioned and stumbled upon my little blog. It's funny how God works because I instantly knew where I wanted to take this blog after reading that email. So, thank you, visitor! (Yes, I do remember your name!)

So, ladies and gentlemen, I will still chronicle my journey as a wife, mom, teacher, friend, and citizen, but I will do it from a Christian perspective. I think I do that a lot already, but I really want that to be the overall theme of this blog. Am I saying that I have arrived in terms of my faith or that I know it all? Absolutely not! God certainly knows me and knows I have a LONG way to go. But I am, hopefully, making forward progress. Besides, I am hoping that we can discuss issues from a biblical standpoint and all learn some things in the process.

So, please feel free to share your thoughts, feelings, and issues you'd like to discuss. I'm hoping this can grow into a community of people who are positive and supportive as we look for God's fingerprints in our everyday lives.

2 comments:

Katie J. said...

Hello, my friend. You really helped me last week, and I thought each day about your words: "Let. It. Go." So I was really prepared when I called that certain very difficult person in my life, and was once again "confronted." This time, the conversation started very badly, but I think just ended up well. So...you made a very big difference with your wise words. I also see that it seems the Lord used me to bless you by helping you get direction for your blog. Praise God! He is so good, and it is so exciting to be a little part of His work in the world. I'm praying for your little sick ones, and for protection for the others in your home.-- Katie

ThinkingPrincess said...

Katie,

You were more of a blessing to me than I probably was to you. Sorry to be gone from the blog for so long. So much has happened lately. I had a student pass away, loads of testing, and lots of sickness in my house. Now, I am also dealing with the sudden, unexpected loss of my mother. It's extra hard because I have to do everything by myself-- not for lack of people wanting to help, though. There is just so much that only I am able to take care of. It'll come together. I know we spoke about difficult relationships with our mothers, but you know what? God is so faithful! He fixed it so that I could be there laughing and talking with my mom until she took her very last breath. It was surreal, but amazingly beautiful. We serve a good God who works things out just the way He knows we need them to.

Anyway, be blessed and continue to let things go. In the end, they really do not matter. Believe me!