Sunday, July 6, 2008

And so it begins

I never really thought about blogging. I have a few friends who do. One is very good about updating and has a loyal following. I'm not really sure what I want this blog to be--either a daily place for me to rant and muse or a place chock full of intellectual thought. I guess it will be what it is to be.

I've decided to call myself The Thinking Princess (more about that later!), and I originally thought to call this small corner of the 'Net "The Thinking Woman's Guide to the World." However, I don't know if I'm really ready to guide anyone anywhere. I do so much of that throughout the year--guiding, that is. I'm a teacher. A really good teacher. I'm not being boastful. It is what it is. I am a REALLY GOOD TEACHER.

Still, I'm not satisfied. I want to be better. Always better. Always the best.

Perhaps that's why I'm taking to blogging. Perhaps it's an outlet I need... a place to think. A place to ponder the events of the day. A place to go to just BE without having to be the good teacher who is never satisfied.

10 comments:

CreoleInDC said...

Well SOOKY SOOKY NOW! Welcome Princess! Welcome! I can't WAIT to see what you get cooking over here!

Erica Bunker said...

Welcome Undrea!

T.Kay said...

Welcome to blogland Undrea! I too am still very new to blogging but find it to be a well needed outlet as well as a source for learning. Have fun! Looking forward to reading your posts!

Kristin said...

Welcome to blogland Undrea.

Mel said...

Welcome to the blogosphere :)

What do you teach?

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

welcome to the wonderful world of blogging...beware it's addictive!

Anonymous said...

The world needs really good teachers.
Welcome to blogging!

Keelah said...

Welcome!

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogging! What do you teach and what grade?

Looking forward to your posts!

ThinkingPrincess said...

Thanks for all of the well wishes!

@mel and black mamba: I teach 4th grade English Language Arts/Social Studies.