Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Just Eeewwwww....

Yesterday was torturous. I awoke from a nap to a terrible sinus headache. Although it was not a migraine, the pain partnered with the slight dizziness from inner ear pressure had me close to the point of being violently ill. I went to the medicine cabinet for pain medication and discovered that I was out! (How do these things happen to me??!!) I knew I would not be able to take it for much longer, so I loaded up the kiddos and headed to the nearest store. While looking at the different pain relief options, I was approached by a man clearly into his fifties or more. I respect my elders, so I answered with as much politeness as my pain-consumed mind would allow. My politeness, however, quickly turned to coldness and then to anger.

Man: Hey, Pretty Lady. I just wanted to tell you that your hair is beautiful.
Me (remembering that I had flat-ironed it the previous day): Oh, thank you so much.
Man: You are very pretty.
Me (warily): Thank you.
Man: Yes, very pretty. I would love to take you out sometime.
Me (now completely agitated as I pointedly look at his wedding ring): Take me out? Really? So is your wife coming too?
Man: Ah, no. My wife knows how much I love women.
Me: Aw, Lawd, I can't. Sir, get the hell away from me.

What the what?!! Why do I get the pleasure of meeting all the deviants, the old ho's and the wanna-be playa-playa's? Do I have a sign that says "All applications accepted"? I wanted to blog about this last night, but I just had no words other than "Eeewwwww," and "Whyyyyy?"

That experience gives rise to a few other topics that I would like to discuss:
1.) Why do women stay in long-term relationships with serial cheaters (and vice-versa)?
2.) The signs that a man (or woman) is DWA Dating While Attached;
3.) Games men and women play in dating;
4.) Guarding one's heart without putting up insurmountable walls.

I'm sure there will be many more topics to come as a result of these, so be on the lookout for them this week; and be sure to comment because these are dialogues that really need to take place.

Have a terrific Tuesday, Loves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its all about what you want in a relationship. If you demand more, than you get more. If you settle, you get what you have settled for.

ThinkingPrincess said...

Very true.