Monday, July 1, 2013

On your mark, Get set...

For once, it seems, I am at a loss for words. Well, kinda.

No, nothing has happened. I just woke up with very little to discuss this morning. Today is my official day one of my journey, and it has already been modified. One thing was that I was supposed to have my FB account deactivated by today. Weird, but at the 11th hour, I received a friend request from someone very dear to me who is currently overseas. Because of the time difference, we have not had a chance to message, but it would be so much easier (and cheaper) to keep in touch through a social media site such as FB as opposed to calling and emailing back and forth. Gaaaah. So it looks like that monster has to stay in place for now until I can figure something else out. :(

My weekend was so nice! Aside from receiving some disturbing news the other day, life has been really good! I think I laughed and smiled for most of the last 3-4 days, and I got a chance to spend quality time with someone very special to me. It is amazing just how good life can be when you lay aside the things that constantly wear and tear you down. I am finally beginning to make time for living, and it sure feels nice! It's funny how life-affirming and life-changing something simple can be once it clicks for us.

And you know what? True happiness is not about finding a mate or being the best at things no one remembers, or even losing that last 10, 20, or however many pounds. It is about taking this sliver of space and time God has granted us and making the choice to ride it until the wheels fall off. Along the way, something interesting happens. You find that you become more attractive to a whole lot more people. Why? Because, like a moth to a flame, people are attracted to happy, confident people who know how to live. So let's get to living.

On your mark, get set, GO!

No comments: