Sunday, June 30, 2013

New 'do... for now

One thing that I've really wanted to do was to find a protective hairstyle that I like so that my hair can grow healthily, with minimal chemicals and stress. Since my hairstylist could not get me in until Wednesday, I decided to "try" something on my own to get me through until then. If I messed up, no major biggie because I still have an appointment next week. However, if I did like it, then I will have saved myself a lot of money.

What's the worst that could happen, right?

Since I was not planning to use any major chemicals, I decided to forge ahead. After watching a few YouTube videos on installing different weaves, I felt I could do it. Below is the look I finally finished after midnight. Sorry that the only one I took shows my exhaustion and lack of sleep from the last few days.


Now, a couple of things about this picture. 1. The picture is from the moment I finished the install and cut some of the front, but before I actually styled it. 2. I had to crop the pic because I was wearing a v-cut maxi dress and my "girls" were trying to make their film debut or something; they were all front and center, ready for their close-up! 3. I am not sure why the angle or the lighting has me looking like I have a busted (or just very weird) grill. LOL.

I do like the look, overall, and this was definitely a learning experience. Already, I know what I would do differently if I ever decide to do this again. I'm thinking I may just experiment with lots of different looks this way. Chime in and tell me yay or nay on each look.

Have a terrific Sunday, Loves!

No comments: