Thursday, June 27, 2013

Vacation!!!

Today is my first day of summer vacation. I don't know about you, but I feel as if I have been beaten with a stick. This last school year was rough, and summer school was a wild ride, but now I officially have time to relax, relate, and release!

Woosahhhh.

I woke up this morning all about business: checking on my money, writing out the bills, making plans, moving funds around, paying bills, and deciding what I would like to do with my life for the next 50 days. (Yes, I counted!) I then took stock of my life, my relationships, and my goals. I realized that I still have a few relationships that need to be severed once and for all, as they are more toxic and stressful than edifying. I looked at the potential love department and originally thought about things that I could do better, more of, less of, etc. to make that area more productive. Then a thought came to me.

Who has time for worry and stress? If I just continue to be the best ME that I can be and serve the Lord, then He will send the one who is good TO me and good FOR me; and there will be no stress and sorrow added to the blessing.

So, hit it, Mary! Here is my theme song for the day: Just Fine by Mary J. Blige

No comments: