Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sidelined by a single-serve glass of wine

I woke up with a migraine this morning. Although I do suffer with headaches at times, it is rare that I get all the way to a full on migraine. Usually, I am able to stop it at the onset, but it started while I was sleeping. As a result, I had to pull out the major meds.

During this ordeal, a few key things happened. 1) A friend called and asked- out of the blue- what my kids may want for breakfast because she was coming this way; 2) My daughter learned that I had a headache and came in periodically and just laid hands on me and prayed quietly; 3) A new friend offered to come over and take care of me. Now, none of this may seem like a big deal, but I love how the Lord remembers us, particularly in times of suffering, and sends people alongside to help and comfort us.

As far as the headache goes, the only thing I did differently yesterday was to try one of those single serve glasses of wine. Clearly not one of my best ideas. I should probably stick to buying bottles of wine from vintners I know about and just risk much of it going to waste from disuse. Surely, the few bucks I may waste far outweighs the excruciating pain and the loss of an entire day as a result of migraine pain.

Lesson learned: Never drink cheap wine! LOL

No comments: