Friday, June 7, 2013

Packing up

Well, today is my last mandatory workday for the school year (although summer school starts next week). All of my paperwork is complete, and all that is left of this school year is to pack away this year's memories and start preparing for a fresh crop of rambunctious, blank canvasses upon whose futures I get to make my mark.

Being a teacher carries tremendous responsibility. We have the power to influence and impact an entire generation and, ultimately, a nation. As I reflect on this year, I find myself wondering if I did everything I could have, or whether or not I said all that I should have. Then I wonder what I could or should have done better or more of in terms of academics. I already know that I will be spending much of my summer working on increasing rigor in the classroom, improving interventions, and thinking about better ways to reach parents. Heck, I am thinking about it today.

I guess there is something to be said about finding that thing you are passionate about...

No comments: