Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Today is the Day

Today is going to be a great day. I can FEEL it!

First, today is the last day of summer school. We made it! All that is left is to monitor the final administration of the STAAR test. Although it really is the testing equivalent to watching paint dry, today is the LAST day of summer school! I know I mentioned that already, but it really did bear repeating once more! LOL.

Second, today is a friend's birthday. Although this has nothing to do with me directly, I still would like to give a public shout-out. Happy Birthday, You Sexy Beast! LOL. Kidding! (Actually, he really IS nice to look at, but I digress.)

Third, God is such an awesome father and protector. A few cars directly around mine got vandalized the night before last. My vehicle was protected, and I am so thankful. That's why I have purposed in my heart to praise him in advance as often as I can. I am not a Bible-thumping zealot, but I KNOW where my blessings come from!

Friends, there are so many things that we should be thankful for. I sometimes try to list off my blessings, but it is impossible to list them all. I sure hope you take the time to count your blessings today, even if this is a season of hardship in your life. Whatever you are going through, know that this, too, shall pass. EVERY storm eventually passes, and the sun will shine again. I promise!

If you get a chance and have the opportunity to listen to a song, check out this song: God Favored Me by Hezekiah Walker

I love you guys! Have a great day!

No comments: