Saturday, June 29, 2013

Everything Must Change

According to Greek philosopher, Heraclitus, "The only thing constant is change."

I am currently going through a period of renewal in my life. In order to truly do this, I am going to have to make some much-needed changes. I walked through every room of my apartment this morning and saw just how cluttered my physical space is. It is not dirty or anything; there is just too much stuff. Then I thought about my sleep patterns (or lack thereof) and realized that I am mentally cluttered as well. In short, I have so many things going on that I am not doing ANY of them as well as I could. Soooo...

Time to get rid of the excess "stuff" in my life to actually make room for the blessings headed my way!

I have a plan that is beginning to shape up nicely. The first thing I have done is deactivated dating site accounts. I will be letting go of all social media (except for this blog) by July 1 as well. I just do not have time for all of that. I love my friends and extended friendships dearly, but those who are really important know my number and email addresses. I also plan to commit to a workable schedule that makes sense. I need to go to bed at a decent hour and get proper rest. As part of that schedule, I need to spend quiet time alone with The Lord, commit at least an hour each day for working out, and spend more time cooking healthy meals. with us always on the go, we are eating far too much by way of processed, high-fat, crappy foods. The short of it is that I, simply, need to guard and be much more selfish about my time. Lord knows, if I do not respect my time, no one else will have respect for it either!

Anyway, this list is just a start. I do not want to lay all of the specifics out on Blogger at this time, and things will become even clearer as I get underway. I don't know what it is, but I feel that there is something FAR bigger for me at the end of this process.

See you on the journey!

No comments: